Sunday, May 27, 2012

Quick takes

1. Memorial Day weekend. Fun and restful. My family kept Selah overnight for the second time. Louis and I don't know what to do with ourselves without a little one to take care of. 30 more years of always having kids around will really leave us clueless with each other. Resolution- more date nights.

------------------

2. Selah took a tumble and scraped her hand up. It's not too bad but she wouldn't use her hand for 3 days and kept it clenched in a fist to protect it.

-----------------

3. Soda tastings are fun. Ever had one? It's a Baptist's dream. Order a bunch of expensive sodas and sit around with some friends and throw around words like earthy and spicy when describing root beer.

-----------------

4. So I thought I pulled my a muscle in my lower back and laid around for 3 days. Walking, sitting, standing hurt like the dickens (what does this mean anyway?). I finally called my midwife and she told me it was pregnancy related, probably sciatica. Prescribed adjustments, some torturous stretches and moist heat. Did all the at home things and finally went to get adjusted. Chiropractor saw me for 2 seconds and did nothing to ease the pain. 2 more days of misery and went to another chiropractor. Finally gave me some relief. She was shocked at my bad shape, understood how bad the pain was, and was outraged at my first chiropractor for not doing more. I wanted to make her a best friends forever bracelet right there. So looking forward to going back on Tuesday.

------------------

5. Sciatica makes me not want to be pregnant ever again. I don't know how people do it. Shifting pelvis, pinched nerves, bedrest?

-------------------

6. I wish my husband was a chiropractor. I would get adjusted every hour.

------------------

7. I've learned a lot about myself this week. I've learned that I'm pretty selfish. And for me, the hardest thing about suffering is that I'm thinking about my pain all the time. It makes one very self centered. Prone to complaining. Prone to not being about to think or concentrate about anything else. Having to be dependent on others is very humbling. Being on bed rest and having no works at all to prove your worth and self righteousness is convicting. Where is my righteousness and faith? In Christ alone.

(See Lord? I learned my lesson, now heal me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment