Wednesday, August 15, 2012

a vacation update

I intentionally didn't bring my camera because I didn't want to be burdened with taking pictures. I'm trying to be present in the moment and just enjoy life without trying to overdocument everything with facebook updates, tweets, and worrying about taking pictures.

But man I wish I brought my camera! I want to blog for the memory of it all. My mom got us this hotel package for our anniversary and the Eilan Hotel is so very nice. We're totally spoiled already. It's grande and new and looks like Europe here. There's even lights in the closets when you open the doors. They have magazines and a phone in the toilet room, crazy nice!

We dined at the hotel restaurant (with a voucher) and the dinner was nice. We certainly felt out of place at such a nice place. This is a kind of place that serves amuse bouche with dinner. After, we drove around and around before finding The Falls at The Shops of La Cantera, turns out to be right up the mountain from the hotel. The Falls reminds me of the shops at Sugar Land Town Square. We had gelato (5 flavors in one cup!) and stopped by Sur La Table. Sur sells kitchen and cooking supplies. My kinda store! I finally bought a microplane that I've been wanting forever. We then stopped by Target to buy some sunglasses for Louis and pistachios for me to snack on. The day has been relaxing and enjoying. It's been really nice to stop and sit with no real plans. The pace has been leisurely and the company is the best. I really enjoy hanging out with my hubby. When we got back to the hotel, the bed had been turned down, shades drawn and coffee and creamer replenished. They even cleaned the shower and replace the mats from when I showered just before dinner. They are crazy on top of things. Having too much fun and missing my girl at the same time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment