Saturday, February 11, 2012

Long time no blog!

Let me just say it. Not blogging makes me feel guilty. Shamefully so. It's been so long, coming back kinda feels terrible. Like going to the gym after you haven't been in awhile. Some people are like 'yeah!, you're getting back on the horse.' My attitude is 'yeah, I fell off the horse and stayed down for a reeeally long time.' But here I am. I felt the need to blog because today is worth blogging about.

Selah at 18 mths spent her first night away from her parents. I was excited and slightly anxious at the same time. Louis and I went to dinner, Best Buy, Walmart, and rented a redbox. She was gone all Saturday too, didn't come back til 7:30. Louis and I slept in, ate a lazy lunch, and then I spend the rest of the day sewing and watching tv. It was really relaxing. I feel kinda guilty that I enjoyed myself so much. It was fun but also weird. She's become such an integral part of our lives. I felt like I was missing a limb or something. I really thought I heard her cry through the monitor even though she wasn't here. Some alone time is nice but things are only really right when your family is all together like it should be, for now anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you Vivian. I am just glad our adoption has given me a reason for doing it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete